Tickell Expressions

Thursday, 24 December 2015

Advent - Day 26


One more sleep to Christmas, kids! We opened our family gifts this morning, but I am scheduling this post so I don't yet know what I got. Tomorrow we are heading off to New Brunswick to visit my wonderful in-laws. I'm telling you, I hit the jackpot when I married into the Arsenault family.

Alicia Feaster did a fabulous job with today's Advent devotional at His Kingdom Come. The song chosen was one of my all-time favourites - O Holy Night. Just take a listen to Kari Jobe singing it.
I did an intuitive painting in my Advent journal. First I did a random background. Then I listened to the song (lots of times), worshiping along as I painted. The background suggested the scene to me. I remember hearing a quote from a sculptor once when someone asked him how he did his work. He said something like, "I carve away everything that isn't a ______." I sort of do the opposite with paint. I see the subject first in the background and then I try to make it more obvious, so others can see it too. I usually prefer to keep it somewhat abstract so it doesn't lose the ethereal quality I saw at the first.
On the right is a used card front; I didn't touch its beautiful picture. The left side is my art. I first carved out Mary and Baby Jesus. Then I added in the figure on his knees to represent where it says in the song, "Fall on your knees. Oh hear the angel voices." I thought the swirling wisps of white might be angels.
Thank you for visiting my blog today. I wish you a wonderful Christmas.

Christmas blessings,
Teresa

4 comments:

peabea said...

Absolutely beautiful Teresa. So enjoy your paintings you share. Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas Eve and Day. :)

DebR said...

This is so amazing Teresa...love how you did it all.

Diane said...

just wonderful your time with God and the faithart. Thanks for sharing your process!

Shawna Rash said...

I can "feel" this one Teresa! Ohhhh so beautiful!