Tickell Expressions

Thursday 30 July 2015

Hand Lettered Brush Script

Hello Friends,

This art journal page layout was inspired by Lesson 3 at Art Journaling By Heart - a free summer faith art journal course.
I used my black brush pen which has an ink cartridge in it. The words did not show up very well so I went over them with a fine liner brush and white Gesso. My background and grape vines were done with acrylic paints.
Incidentally, I have three temporary house guests - two juvenile and one adult pigeon. I rescued one of the babies myself a couple of weeks ago. It had a broken leg, could not yet eat on its own and did not yet have all of its wing feathers. The other juvenile was discovered by another good Samaritan the day before and they appear to be clutch mates. The adult was hit by a car and is blind in one eye. I will care for them until they are able to be released. I've asked my wonderful husband to build a little shelter for them at the back of our garage so they will have a safe place to come back to once they are free. We will put food out for them for as long as they keep coming back. I love the sound they make.

The bath was a big hit.
Thanks for visiting my blog. As always, it is my hope that you will know that you are beautiful and you are loved.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

No comments: