Tickell Expressions

Sunday 12 July 2015

Sunday's Art Reflection

Hello Friends,

A few months ago my DH came across an old sketch book of mine - my very first. This was long before I had ever heard the term "Art Journal". This was in my early days of "playing with paint" and other mediums.

It took me a while to work through the old art pages, many of which were created during some turbulent times in my life. As I flipped through, I prayed about each page. Some were difficult to look deeply into and needed to be wept over.

There was much healing that came to me through this process. I would like to begin sharing my journey through these older art pages with you. Today seems like a good day to do that so each Sunday I will share a page with you until we reach the end of the book. My hope is that you will find healing for some of your hurts too along the way.
This was one of my very first acrylic paintings, rendered in 2008. It was very intuitive, painted during a time of worship. I called it "Deep Calls to Deep", based on Psalm 42:7 -- "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls." The figure on the left is me, as the Bride of Christ. The figure on the right is God. The black flecks in the whirlwind tell of my misconceptions of God that kept me from more fully connecting with him. They are also distortions of how I felt he saw me.

I understand Him better than I did seven years ago. And my understanding will continue to increase as long as the depths in me keep reaching out to connect with the unfathomable depths of God's love for me. Now I begin to know that he is delighted in me. I begin to know that I am beautiful and that I am loved beyond measure. And if he loves me like that; if his eyes sparkle with delight when he looks upon me; then I KNOW that he looks upon you with those same eyes of deep, deep love.

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. AND YOU ARE LOVED. BEYOND MEASURE. BEYOND IMAGINATION. YOU ARE.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

1 comment:

DebR said...

Thank you for sharing this! It is so beautiful. Love the healing that's taken place in your life.