Tickell Expressions

Tuesday 28 July 2015

Bridge to Breakthrough

Hello Friends,

Bible Art Journaling Challenge #29 with Rebekah R. Jones is based on verses in Jeremiah 51 and the word "Breakthrough". The challenge is to paint or draw a bridge in our bibles.

Rebekah drew her beautiful blue bridge with Inktense Pencils. I don't have those so I used my water colour pencils and Gelatos for this challenge. I also used a reference photo from Paint My Photo by photographer Tam-Tam. You can see the photo here if you are a member.

I had more detail in this to begin with, but when I realized that it obscured some of the text I went over it with a baby wipe. I actually like the slightly blurry effect better.

Okay, I'm laughing now because my son is downstairs listening to his music and the song he is playing is called - you got it - BREAKTHROUGH. And here I was about to share with you how I am believing God for a breakthrough in a specific area of my life.
The Lord often speaks to me through colour. In this painting the colours mean this to me:
  • Red - for the blood of Christ shed for my redemption
  • Brown - for the wooden cross where he gave his life for me
  • Green - new, abundant life and growth, made available through HIS resurrection power
  • Blue - Holy Spirit communion and revelation, because Jesus sent his Spirit to live inside of me.
  • Yellow - Hope for my future and the faithfulness of God toward me

Jesus, by means of his great sacrifice and resurrection, is the bridge to my bright future in the cup of hope that he holds out to me. He is faithful and he will do it.

Are you desperate for a breakthrough in your life? Often when things are at their bleakest is when God comes through for those who put their trust in HIM. The bible is filled with accounts of people in desperate, seemingly impossible situations, but God is not bothered by what we call impossible. He parts the sea, he shuts the mouths of hungry lions, he heals the leper and raises the dead. And in case you thought HE lost the knack of doing miracles or went into retirement, just read Hebrews 13:8 or James 1:17, where it says that HE has no shadow of turning and HE is the same yesterday, today and forever.

And no matter who you are, or where you are at in your faith journey, God sees you and says that you are beautiful and so very, very loved.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Angela, of Crafting with Jack, has several delightful new pages to share with you.

No comments: