Tickell Expressions

Sunday 20 September 2015

Sunday's Art Reflection - Prisma Pencils

Hello Friends,

Back for another look at some of my early art. This was done in May of 2008 with Prisma pencils. I pasted the page into my book and framed it with smears of acrylic paint.

Holy Spirit, the third person of the Divine Trinity, is often referred to as male. It is easy to ascribe gender to the Father and the Son. But I wonder when we refer to all the Persons of the Trinity as male if we forget that God is Spirit. He is neither male nor female, but he has attributes of both.

Genesis 1: 27 says: God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him;

male and female He created them.


Wonderful, mysterious Holy Spirit comes in different forms - like the dove that alighted upon Jesus when he arose from the waters of baptism in the Jordan. And sometimes in a female persona.
My friend often refers to the third person of the Trinity as "Precious Holy Spirit". I like that. Holy God desires deep companionship with us and will most often come in a way that helps us to trust and feel secure. No matter in what form, he/she will always honour Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.

I made this word art of the scripture that I hand-wrote on this page. I hope you can use it in your own faith art.
Whatever your beliefs, God wants you to know that

You are beautiful and you are loved.

 
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

2 comments:

NanaConnie said...

This may just be the best drawing you've ever done!

DebR said...

This is SO beautiful! Wow.....