Tickell Expressions

Wednesday 17 August 2016

Blow the Trumpet

Hello Friends,

This week my son presented his dad with a Yemenite Shofar. This is something Terry has wanted for a very long time. When Terry asked Paul what the gift was for (early Christmas?), the reply was, "Because I love you..."

Leviticus 25:8-13 talks about the Year of the Jubilee, when all debts would be forgiven and all lost properties would be returned. It happens every 50 years, according to the Jewish calendar and this just happens to be a Jubilee year. On the Day of Atonement trumpets (shofars) are blown all over the land.

I used a picture of my Terry blowing his new shofar to create art in my bible.

Thank you for stopping by. I wish you many blessings on your day and the remainder of your week.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

1 comment:

Crafting With Jack said...

Amazing art work, is it hard to blow?