Tickell Expressions

Sunday 30 August 2015

Sunday's Art Reflection - doves

Hello Friends,

I have another art reflection for you today. These are two doves I painted, the first in 2008 (my first year of painting) and the second in 2009.

This first painting (2008) was done in acrylics with some Island dirt thrown in for texture. I was struggling with how to show light and shadow so there are many layers as I worked and re-worked this painting.
The second is a mixed media of Prisma pencils, colour sticks, black pen and (very little) acrylic paint. The orientation seems rather awkward to me and it is rather flat. I remember putting the planting lady in as an after thought. But this is part of my art journey. I want to reflect on my mistakes as well as what I got right.
Thanks for stopping by. I am so glad you did. What do you find to be problem areas in your art? Are you afraid to show anyone your mistakes, past or present? Dear One, mistakes are important parts of your learning process and do not define who you are. According to your Creator you are: 

BEAUTIFUL & LOVED


Blessing hugs,
Teresa

2 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

A beautiful page, Teresa, the beauty is always in the eyes of the holder. I've learnt that I can add layers of colours over mistakes and that what I count as a mistake isn't a mistake in everyones eyes :)

Love and hugs
Maarit

Crafting With Jack said...

Both lovely birds Teresa, if I can't alter my mistakes with gesso or another colour it goes in the bin!