Tickell Expressions

Wednesday 9 March 2016

The Power of Love

Hello Friends,

Today's post is about my special word for 2016 - STEADFAST. To choose my word, I used the guidelines given at His Kingdom Come in the Logos 365 group.

When I started this study, I thought my word was mainly about what I want to become and what I need to do. My first thought was that I would do everything in my power to meet all of my commitments and live up to my own expectations and that of others. I wouldn't let anyone down.

While being dependable is a good goal, and I do my best to be that, I am finding that my word - STEADFAST - is more about who God is than who I am.

HIS PEACE is steadfast and always available to me. I only need to focus my mind on him instead of my circumstances or what is going on in the world. It's not even about thinking nothing bad will ever happen. It's having the full deep assurance in my heart that he is with me. Always.

HIS LOVE is steadfast, whether I succeed or fail. Knowing he is  with me each and every step of the way, gives me courage to do what I didn't think I could do.
I have failed a little on my commitments lately, mostly due to a darling puppy, who is taking up much of my time.

In the past I would have really beat myself up over these failings, but my heavenly Daddy is not upset or disappointed in me. He knows that I will fail sometimes and he is okay with that.

( I also trust that my dear faithful followers will understand why I am taking a few weeks off from making new images for them.)

Another word for steadfast is DEVOTED. The early Christian church were devoted to Christ and to one another. They ate together, enjoyed each other's company, prayed for one another and learned from the teaching of the apostles. It sounds very much like a loving family, which is what the Body of Christ is meant to be.

In John 13:34 Jesus gave his followers "a new commandment" to love one another. The early church was obviously doing that.

Acts 2:43 says, "Everyone was filled with awe and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles."

That was the power of Holy Spirit. That was the Power of Love. God is Love. Shouldn't we expect to be filled with his power when we allow him to fill us with his love?

The following video is not a 'Christian' song, but if you can imagine that "I am your lady and you are my man" is the Bride of Christ speaking to Jesus, then perhaps some of the lyrics will resonate a message to your own heart, as it did to mine.
Thanks for visiting my blog today. I realize this is a long post and I appreciate you taking the time to go through it.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Links:
Word Art Wednesday - ATG (anything goes)

4 comments:

DebR said...

Such a meaningful post Teresa. Thank you for your loving testimony of your love for your Savior...and His love for us.
Love all your jars!

Nancy said...

Beautiful, Teresa! Both your sharing and your project are beautiful!
The jar shape is really fun too! :o)

Crafting With Jack said...

Beautiful post Teresa, I enjoyed reading it all. Your writing is so neat too xx

Beth Niquette said...

Amen and Amen.